I love encouraging pastors and ministry leaders who are navigating the complexities of life and ministry while staying healthy spiritually, emotionally, and relationally.
My aim: to remind you that you’re not alone, that your ministry matters, and that God uses people just like you. My desire: that you’ll be encouraged to persevere through the challenges of life and ministry.
What I Believe
Here’s what I believe about ministry:
- God uses ordinary people. That’s all there are.
- Ministry begins with watching our lives and doctrine, and loving and caring for our families.
- What we do in private will determine how we minister in public.
- Few things matter more than keeping the gospel central and relying on the power of the Holy Spirit.
- To minister well, love well.
- To love well, do three things: assume the best, tell the truth, and give plenty of safety and time.
- Effective ministry is rooted in theology, not in pragmatics.
- Ministry is doing “small, mostly overlooked things, over a long period of time” (Zack Eswine).
- The fundamentals of ministry (preaching, prayer, and discipleship) matter more than the fads.
- Preaching may go out of style, but it will never lose its importance.
- Churches need both gospel doctrine and gospel culture (Ray Ortlund).
- Church revitalization is hard but important.
- Every church should be involved, at some level, with church planting.
- Both traditional and non-traditional (bivocational, low-cost) forms of ministry are needed to accomplish the mission.
- Post-Christian society is ripe for the gospel.
- When conflict happens, move toward it instead of away. Handled rightly, conflict is an opportunity rather than a threat.
- Mentoring others is one of the best uses of our lives.
- What’s hardest is often what’s most joyful.
- Ministry is hard.
- Ministry is a privilege.
My name is Darryl Dash. I’m a husband, pastor, and church planter who lives in downtown Toronto, Canada.
I’m married to Charlene and have two adult children: Christy and Josiah.
I love reading, technology, good movies, and exploring cities.
I have the amazing privilege of serving as pastor of Liberty Grace Church. I also help equip church planters with FEB Central. Together with Charlene, I’m creating Gospel for Life, an online membership program designed to help people apply the gospel to every part of their lives.
I’m a graduate of the University of Waterloo, Heritage Theological Seminary, and Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
I’d love to hear from you. Drop me a line!
The Fine Print
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.